Morpheus Skin Tightening
RF Microneedling, Radiofrequency Microneedling, Fractional Radiofrequency Microneedling, Subdermal Adipose Remodelling Device (SARD)
The Morpheus8 system is one of the best non-invasive, collagen and fat remodelling systems in the world. It uses a very advanced sensor technology that allows the safe delivery of heat into the layers of the skin. The depth of penetration of the gold-plated microneedles can be set at as deep as 4mm to a shallow 1mm depth. The selective safe heating of these layers causes shrinkage and remodelling of the Fibrous Septal Network (FSN) that is responsible for the support structure of the skin. Besides the effects on the FSN, Collagen and Elastin, the heat can also be used to destroy and remodel fat tissues in areas like the double chin and jowls allowing facial contouring. The combined effects of the collagen remodelling and fat remodelling or SARD makes the Morpheus8 one of the best skin tightening system presently that can be used to tighten skin, tighten jowls and double chin, reduce the appearance of fine lines and acne scars.
The Morpheus8 also has a resurfacing tip that causes fractional surfacing of the epidermis similar to a Fractional C02 or a Fractional Erbium Laser, thus it can be very effective in reducing facial scarring.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to expect from a Morpheus8 treatment?
Your Morpheus8 treatment is then performed and involves multiple passes over the area to be treated using different depth of heating and energy levels. At the end of treatment we will cleanse your skin and apply recovery creams and sunscreen before you leave the clinic.
What is the downtime after Morpheus8?
- Erythema (redness) 1–3 days
- Possible edema (localised swelling) up to 1 week
- Tiny needle holes/scabs may appear, lasting for a few days
- Possible bruising
- Downtime 1–2 days – 1 week, depending on treatment parameters, patient skin type & treatment response/side effects
- Possible breakout, dry or itchy skin
What is the aftercare after Morpheus8 treatment?
Post Treatment Aftercare
- We will be sealing off the micropunctures with DermaSeal spray.
- Leave the treated area uncleansed till the next day morning when you can clean with tepid water and gentle non foaming cleanser.
- Apply a mild moisturizer like Eucerin Aquaphor Skin Soothing Gel Balm 45mls (Available at Boots) after cleansing next morning. Next apply SPF30 Sunscreen.
- At night cleanse and moisturize.
- Avoid using make-up for 1–3 days post treatment.
- Avoid touching treated area (clean hands first if necessary to touch)
- Avoid active serums and creams like Vitamin C, retinol, adapalene, tretinoin, glycolic based products for 5 days after treatment. And stop them 5 days before the next treatment.
- Avoid significant sun exposure or sunbeds for approx. 4 weeks post treatment
- Moisturize more times if the skin is itchy during healing and do not pick scabs
How soon will I see the results of Morpheus8?
An accurate estimate of the costs is only possible after an in-clinic consultation with Dr Prashant. We charge a £75 deposit to secure your consultation with Dr Prashant, this amount will be deducted from the costs of the treatment you go on to have at our clinic.
Each Morpheus8 treatment ranges between £500 – 700 depending on what package you are taking. We advise all of our patients to have 2 – 3 treatments each done a month apart and then have a 6 monthly maintenance if required.